Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Decorating with Turquoise

Recently we restored an old piece of furniture and painted it a fun turquoise color, Lagoon from Martha Stewart paint collection. Now, every time I walk by this piece of furniture it makes me so HAPPY! I wondered why this was so I decided to do a little more research on the decorating with the color turquoise.

From accent pieces to main pieces, the color turquoise can give any room in the house a punch of color.  Turquoise is known to be calming, refreshing, sophisticated and is equally popular among men and women. This makes perfect since! My very "macho" boyfriend agreed on this color, after I suggested it, and now we both love this color in our living room.  The color pops and makes the room inviting and fun! I decided to compile some of my favorite inspiration pieces using this fun color in every room in the house.

Laundry Room

Kitchen


Bathroom
Image via House Beautiful






















 

Living Room

Image via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment