Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ladybug lost her dots!

First, thank you Teach Preschool for the wonderful idea and song. Here is how our little ones enjoyed the activity!

This is a great counting, arts and crafts activity to do with preschoolers. I did this activity for our Mommy and Me classes that last about 35 minutes so I pre-cut all the pieces to allow for time.


I used things around the classroom to make this activity. I used a sand bucket to make the circle for the body of the ladybug and a bubble bottle for smaller circles for the dots. I traced them on black and red construction paper and cut them out. I also used googly eyes, pipe cleaners, tape, glue, and a white crayon.

Have kids glue the ladybug together, everything but the spots. Hide the spots around the room as your read the song below. Once they have found some spots let them glue them on their ladybug. I sing the song several times so the kids will sing it as they are looking around the room. Very fun! I have them write numbers on their spots with a white crayon once they have glued them down to practice writing their numbers.


Little Ladybug Song Copyright © 2010 Deborah J. Stewart

Little Ladybug on the ground

Doesn't make a sound.

Looking for her ten black dots

She lost them on the ground.

One black dot Two black dots Three block dots And four.

Five black dots Six black dots She's looking for some more.

Seven black dots Eight black dots Nine black dots And ten.

The ladybug who lost her dots has found them all again!


No comments:

Post a Comment